How will you measure your effectiveness for God? Success is when you have achieved for yourself. Significance is when you have achieved for yourself and others. Greatness is when you have achieved for yourself and others, who achieve for others. The movement Jesus started is a spiritual epidemic.
Ten Ways To Multiply
- Change your worldview—get a corn cob for your desk, or the dashboard of your car, if necessary.
- Learn all you can from Scripture about the priesthood of believers.
- If you are a parent, translate your approach into raising spiritual children.
- Resist the temptation to reach your unchurched friend by inviting her to church. Over coffee, share what God means to you. Make it your ministry.
- If you are involved in a ministry, never do it alone. Relationally equip others.
- Sketch out the potential of your church. Do the math: ask everyone to list the unchurched people in their social networks. The total is the “low hanging fruit” of the harvest potential of your congregation.
- Encourage your church leaders to model multiplication—all the time.
- Pray that God will give you someone to nurture in the faith.
- Translate multiplication to every aspect of church: multiply worship services, times, styles, venues, outreach strategies—multiply your church by planting another.
- When you disciple another person, don’t quit until they are a discipler.