Ten Jesus Motivation Insights
- The joy in your church translates directly to the production of those involved in service.
- Serving God is a joyful experience when you are in your “sweet spot.”
- Your “sweet spot” is determined by the Holy Spirit and the spiritual gifts given uniquely to you.
- Divine motivation powers Christians when their efforts make an eternal impact. That power comes only from God.
- Messages on law, fear, and threat get attention, but messages on grace, love and forgiveness get results.
- Add more fun to worship, outreach, service, financial giving, and Bible study, and people will be increasingly motivated to participate.
- Put increased emphasis on celebration when there are baptisms, new members join, and prayers are answered, and people will be more enthusiastic about their faith and involvement.
- Spend more time laughing at church meetings, and they will become more productive.
- Train the preacher, and worship team, and/or choir to smile while they speak and sing.
- When confronting a wayward believer, begin and end with a positive, and put your correction in the middle.
This was taken from the November/December 2014 Church Doctor Report – What Motivates Christians? Surprising Lessons from Jesus.
Kent Hunter, founder of Church Doctor Ministries, is known as the Church Doctor. His most recent e-books are The Future Is Now and The J-Dog Journey, available at no cost. Contact him at (800) 626-8515, by email, Twitter, Facebook, or visit www.churchdoctor.org.
Have the Church Doctor Report and more news from Church Doctor Ministries delivered direct to your email inbox by subscribing now.