Greeting in Christ!
As we end the year 2020, the world is asking: “Will COVID-19 ever end?” Even with vaccines on the horizon, “When will we be safe again? When will life be normal?”
At Church Doctor Ministries, we help Christians and churches become more effective in reaching people for Jesus Christ. Yes, this year has been disruptive—and financially challenging. But we give thanks to God that, in spite of challenges, He is good.
- Thanks to generous donors, this ministry is still here.
- Our trust in God and His provision through believers like you have grown.
- While we had to postpone our teaching/training excursions to England and Hot Springs, Arkansas, we are still planning them for the future. And we’re adding another: an amazing multisite ministry in Mequon, Wisconsin.
- We have written Restoring Civility: Lessons from the Master, which is perhaps the most popular book ever.
- We have consulted numerous churches and have several “on hold” in states that are restricted.
- We have put finishing touches on a great new resource, Your God Stories: Sharing Faith Made Easy.
- We have produced numerous podcasts, which are very popular.
- We have conducted several webinars.
- We continue to finish work on a daily devotional: An Apple a Day from the Church Doctor: A Daily Dose for Everyday Faith.
This is what the pandemic has done for Christianity:
- Most churches have added virtual worship services, which they will continue after the pandemic ends.
- Total attendance for worship is at higher levels in most churches.
- Financial giving has held steady for many congregations.
- Most of all, unchurched people are more receptive than ever. Pew Research shows a large jump in “confidence in leaders in religion,” even though not much difference for leaders in government, business, or military.
As we move toward the end of the pandemic, more churches will need our help than ever before. Thank you for your prayers and support as we work together to help Christians reach people for Jesus Christ.
Kent R. Hunter, Founder
Tracee J. Swank, Leader
Church Doctor Ministries is a member in good standing of The Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Contributions are solicited with the understanding that Church Doctor Ministries has complete discretion and control over the use of all donated funds.