Ten Moves Toward Biblical Leadership
- Leaders are called, not elected or recruited.
- God raises leaders, they are not chosen by people.
- Leadership is a spiritual gift God gives to some, not all.
- Leadership is also a role, exercised best in the church among those who have an intimate connection with the head of the church and therefore display the wisdom of Christ.
- Change led by leaders is top down, unbiblical, and impractical: it runs off believers and splits churches.
- Jesus did not raise up leaders. He developed disciples.
- Leadership is political. Discipleship is relational.
- Leadership can become manipulation. Discipleship is about multiplication.
- Leadership does not birth discipleship. Discipleship gives birth to leadership.
- Disciples become leaders of influence. They are humble seed planters of spiritual power so great, it changes lives, churches, communities, and nations.
Kent Hunter, founder of Church Doctor Ministries, is known as the Church Doctor. His most recent e-books are The Future Is Now and The J-Dog Journey, available at no cost. Contact him at (800) 626-8515, by email, Twitter, Facebook, or visit www.churchdoctor.org.