Church Doctor Ministries is seeking a person to fill the following position. Depending on the person, this could be a part-time or full-time position. This person will work in the office in Corunna, Indiana.
Position Description (Printable PDF version)
Job Title: Ministry Event Planning & Promotions Specialist
Reports To: Operations Manager
Location: Corunna, Indiana
POSITION SUMMARY: This team member will perform a number of diverse marketing, promotions, and event planning duties required for the advancement of the core mission of Church Doctor Ministries. This position requires exceptional communication, organization, and follow-through skills to be applied in all aspects of work completed. This position requires an active, committed Christian with a heart for helping churches, pastors, and ministry leaders become most effective at reaching more people for Christ. This is considered a called position with a non-profit Christian Ministry. Christian Ministry experience is required.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs diverse marketing and promotional duties within a measurable set of goals and objectives regarding ministry advancement in the area of increasing teaching events, workshops, and other activities that promote the work of the ministry.
- Provides operational and planning support directly related to potential client services and events, marketing, workshop and event planning, and ministry services promotions.
- Actively and aggressively schedules key meetings, conferences, retreats, events, and appointments for ministry leaders and consultants. Works to prepare materials for events. Works with third party hosts to plan and coordinate events.
- Helps develop marketing materials and promotional information. Serves as quality control specialist to make sure all materials meet high professional ministry standards in accuracy and appearance.
- Must be able to use key time management practices to achieve most efficient and effective results. Works to ensure all ministry processes and procedures are followed. Must have a passion for precision and accuracy to perform high-end administrative work.
- Tracks, measures, and analyzes ministry information regarding lead generation, marketing and promotional campaigns using such tools as Google Analytics, and other current tracking processes.
- Assists with marketing follow up and relationship building with those interested in the ministry.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office Products, database management, internet use
- Operation of office equipment – multi-line telephone system, copier, printer, fax machines
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to learn new things quickly and adapt to changing ministry environment
Other skill requirements include and are not limited to the use of the following:
- Any/all social media platforms.
- Constant Contact (or other similar email marketing system)
- WordPress (or other similar content/blogging platform)
- Google/internet search
- Online sharing platforms such as Dropbox, Evernote, Salesforce, and other online project management platforms.
A technology/computer/office equipment, and writing assessment will be given to assess competency in the following areas:
- Telephone skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills in the area of internet research, online marketing, and social media marketing.
Other ministry profile assessments will be given to assess spiritual gifts and team assimilation.
Email cover letter, resume, three (3) references, and a recent writing sample of anything you have written to email@example.com. Email only. No phone calls.
Updated: June 13, 2016 TJS