Job Title: Bookkeeper and Administrative Support
Reports To: Ministry Office Coordinator and Leader
Location: Corunna, Indiana
POSITION SUMMARY: This team member will perform a number of diverse bookkeeping and administrative duties required for the advancement of the core mission of Church Doctor Ministries. This position requires exceptional communication, organization, and follow-through skills to be applied in all aspects of work completed. This position requires an active, committed Christian with a heart for helping churches, pastors, and ministry leaders become most effective at reaching more people for Christ.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs specific bookkeeping duties related to all financial aspects of the non-profit ministry. Must be ethical in handling sensitive financial information, follow specific financial operating standards, and apply biblical stewardship principles to financial processes.
- Responsible for data entry, monthly financial tracking and reporting, bill paying, vendor relationships, and maintaining accurate records related to finances.
- Responsible for managing payroll systems, and working with professional accountant for all tax filings and ensuring all legal requirements of ministry are met.
- Responsible for assisting with donor data management, donor profile maintenance, and maintaining accurate donor and development records.
- Assists the Office Coordinator to make sure the ministry is exceeding high standards of quality, professionalism, accuracy and stewardship related to all administrative policies, and procedures. Assists in holding ministry team accountable to these high standards and expectations.
- Must be able to use key time management practices to achieve most efficient and effective results. Must have a passion for precision and accuracy to perform high-end administrative work.
- Generates reports for the ministry leader and assists with the preparation of financial reports for the Board of Directors.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SKILL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office Products, database management, internet use (Specifically Excel.)
- 3 years of non-profit bookkeeping experience
- Experience with QuickBooks, (non-profit version preferred)
- Operation of office equipment – multi-line telephone system, copier, printer, fax machines
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to learn new things quickly and adapt to changing ministry environment
A technology/computer/office equipment, and writing assessment will be given to assess competency in the following areas:
- Telephone skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills in the area of internet research, online marketing, and social media marketing.
Other ministry profile assessments will be given to assess spiritual gifts and team assimilation.
Email cover letter, resume, three (3) references, and a recent writing sample of anything you have written to email@example.com. Email only. No phone calls.